20090611

mmmmmm... mmmmmm... mmm... mmmmmm.


I want something to satisfy my thirst. But I don't want water, too boring. Oh, I know ! I'll reach out for this here coconut **stretch**, chop off the top with my machete **KeeYah!** stick this hollow vine-straw in the top... now let me take a sip... mmmmmm... mmmmmmm... mmm... mmmmmm. That's nice.

I reach for an offering from the orange tree and show my gratitude by placing more compost around it's trunk. I take the ripe fruit inside, cut it right down the middle spraying out only a pinch of acid, mount a half on the squeezer and fill a cup of the golden nectar I've extracted. As I drink I am taken far out of my body, into the clouds hovering over the sea. My being perspires from the pits of the heavens and I provide a nourishing mist to the plants below.

The waves are breaking to the right today. Perfect for a regular ride, not goofy. I see the sea lurch forward generating a heavy swell. Everyone is put in a trance. Some of us turn around for the ride, and some try to catch the wave with bare hands. I am chewed up and spit out of the water. I did not taste good today. I will be tried again tomorrow. I climb out of the bowl at Gaurd Rails and shake out the seaweed from my mane. I think it's time for a snack! I reach for the container of freshly cut pineapple slices and pick out a yellow juicy piece. Drops of salt slip from my hair into the bite and I consume the tropical salty mix of sweet and sour. A taste that even stays to help clean up long after the party is over.

Hanuman watches over the dinner table as we eat on the canvas of raw foods that Pippa paints. The flavors bounce around in our mouths. The only sound you hear is the grumbling ocean and the wooing from our delight. After the meal, Ram Dass absorbs Hanuman's bright orange stone energy and says, "That Hanuman is just delicious."

I always forget to save room for the desert, but Pip finds some way to zap my attention for at least one bite. At Casanova, we dine on Hawai'ian style pizza (ham & pineapple-the works) the whole table stops to pause at the desert menu. None of us saved room this time. Ram Dass's eyes dance on the plastic. "Fresh mango sorbet," he says. "Want some desert Ram Dass?" asks Dassi Ma. "hmmm. I just imagined it and now I'm satisfied." Says Ram Dass, still tasting the last bite of his mind's treat. His eyes glow.

Just delicious.

1 comment: