20090703

a snack to munch on

Hey alright, I'm not quite ready for the next post. Some recent developments are abound that I'm excited to share but more time is necessary in order to present the events properly. Being here now sure does take a bit of preparation :) So here's something to tease the mind and wet the whistle...

The white powder rains from the air and gathers on the ground, covering my shoes. "That's called a blizzard, you don't want those in Hawai'i brudah," Ke'ao explains to me with a smile. The frustration shows through my face as the dough shakes white flour all over the kitchen. I have caused quite a mess tossing the floppy lopsided pizza gak into the air in my feeble attempt to prepare a flat breaded pie. Everyone laughs as I throw away my 99th attempt at making a perfectly rounded solid stage for the toppings to perform. 100th time's a charm. I mix some alcohol in my blood which helps to take off the edge as the haze of the night takes over. I sleep praying only that I not dream of snow.

The alarm clock pierces my skull. Groggy, I smack the sleep button to shut it up. A rude awakening to be sure. FIVE AM??!??! Who the... why am I up so early??? Do I have somewhere to be? RD doesn't even get up for three more hours and it's not my morning to make breakfast! What the fire truck... WAIT, WAIT WAIT wait wait wait wait... I take a deep breath. I inhale, I can feel the oxy-jon rushing down my trachea filling my alveoli with a sweet refreshing sea breeze scent... I exhale with a soft and elongated sigh, as I stretch and get up slowly. My bag is already packed and my board is already raised on the mast of the Chrylser. Moses you ole' devil, I totally forgot we had a date this morning. I get in the cab and plug in the tunes. With the windows down and the sun casting an orange glow, I cruise down Hana Highway, the Pacific Ocean by my side... What a good day to surf (this truly is one of my wildest dreams coming true).

Alright there you go, it's all I got for now. Mahalo & Namaste

1 comment: